In this blog post I will assign a server within Azure a static IP address. By default all servers obtain an IP automatically.
Please note: You can not assign a server in Azure a static IP from within the OS. This will cause communication issues between the Azure agent on the server and Azure.
You may also want to check out my recent blog posts if you’re just starting out:
– How to Add a custom domain to Azure AD
– How to create a VNET in the Azure Portal
– How to configure Azure Bastion
– How to build a server in the Azure Portal
OK, so let’s get started
- Login to the Azure portal at portal.azure.com
- Select virtual machines from the left pane or use the search bar.
3. Click on the virtual server
4. Click Networking
5. Click the Network Interface
6. Click IP Configurations from the left pane
7. Click ipconfig1
8. Switch from dynamic to static
9. Click save
That’s it. Thanks for visiting.
Stay tuned for the next blog post