To disable the Internet Explorer welcome screen follow the below instructions:
If using Citrix, follow the below instructions on the Citrix servers. Test on one first.
Open Registry editor and navigate to the following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
1) Create a new REG_DWORD value named DisableFirstRunCustomize
2) Set its value data to 1
3) Exit from registry editor
If you would like to push out the changes via group policy follow the instructions below:
1) Launch the Group Policy Editor
2) Navigate to the following Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer
3) Double click ‘Prevent performance of First Run Customize Settings’
4) Set to enabled and make the choice in the drop down below.
5) Click apply close