If you experience issues trying to save a word 2007 document to a network share using Vista and receive one of the errors below:
1) There has been a network or file permission error. The network connection may be lost
2) The folder does not exist. The file may have been moved or deleted. Do you want to create it?
This is a bug and can be resolved with a registry fix ([Please be careful when editing the registry, take a backup before making any changes).
1) Click Start
2) Click Run
3) Type regedit and click OK
4) Locate the following registry subkey:
6) If the Parameters subkey does not exist, create it by following the below steps.
7) Click the following registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc
8.) On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
9) Type Parameters, and then press ENTER.
10) On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
11) Type FormatDatabase, and then press ENTER.
12) On the Edit menu, click Modify.
13) In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
14) Exit from registry editor and restart the computer.