In this blog post I will go through the process of configuring an alert within the Microsoft 365 Compliance portal which will trigger an email whenever permissions are assigned to a mailbox.
- From the 365 Admin Center locate and click Compliance or visit the Compliance Admin Center directly via Security & Compliance (compliance.microsoft.com)
2. Click Policies
3. Expand Alert and click Office 365 alert
4. Click New Alert Policy
5. Complete details as required (Demo info below). Click Next
6. There are a number of activities to choose from. For the purpose of this demo, I have selected Granted Mailbox Permission
7. You could also add a condition based on IP address and username. For example, if you want to be alerted when a particular group of users assign permissions, you can do so here. Ignore the conditions box if you would like an alert to be triggered when any user in the organisation performs the action.
8. Click next and select your notification groups or emails. Click Next, review settings and click finish
That’s your mailbox permissions alert configured