Clearing the Local Host Cache on a Citrix server can sometimes help resolve many issues on a Xenapp/Citrix server including, if the Citrix IMA service fails to start or the local host cache becomes corrupted.
To recreate the local host cache:
1) Stop the Citrix IMA service
2) Open a command prompt
3) Type: dsmaint recreatelhc
4) Press enter
5) Restart the Citrix IMA service
The server holding the data store server must be available for dsmaint recreatelhc to work. If the data store is not available, the Citrix IMA Service will fail to start.
What does running dsmaint recreatelhc do?
Running the above command will:
1) Set the value at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\IMA\ RUNTIME\PSRequired to 1. If using 32bit Edition the key is located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\ RUNTIME\PSRequired to 1 on XenApp
2) Deletes the existing local host cache located on your server (Imalhc.mdb)
3) Finally recreates an empty local host cache (Imalhc.mdb)
So if you’re experiencing issues, it’s worth ago.