ESX server shows as disconnected but you are unable to reconnect remotely. You are also unable to connect via SSH/Putty.
The VM’s on the machine are still up and can be accessed via RDP but in a disconnected state. You would like to resolve the ESX server issue without
causing downtime on the VM’s.
From the ESX server:
1) Login using the root username and password
2) Type Service mgmt-vmware restart (This will restart the agents on ESX)
If using ESXI you can:
1) Press F2 to customize the system
2) Login as root
3) Navigate to ‘Restart Managment Agents’
4) Press Enter
5) Press F11 to restart services
6) Press Enter
7) Press Esc to return to ESXI homepage