Following on from a previous post where I installed and configured Terraform, see How to Install Terraform, in this post I will continue my journey learning Terraform by going through the process of installing a useful tool known Azure command-line interface (Azure CLI).
The Azure command-line interface (Azure CLI) is a set of commands used to create and manage Azure resources. The Azure CLI is available across Azure services and is designed to get you working quickly with Azure, with an emphasis on automation. It’s a useful tool to have installed on my machine so let’s get started.
- Visit the Azure CLI web page Download Azure CLI
- Click Install – Windows
3. Click Current release of Azure CLI. The download was approx 45MB at the time of writing this blog post
4. Run the installer
5. Accept the licence agreement when ready to do so and click install
The install can take up to 10 minutes to complete
6. Launch Powershell and type az login and press enter
7. If successful, you’ll be presented with the Microsoft login screen
In part 3, I go through the process of installing Visual Studio Code, click the following link to continue on my journey, Part 3: Terraform with Azure – How to Install Visual Studio Code