What is Terraform?
Terraform is a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently. Terraform can manage existing and popular service providers as well as custom in-house solutions.
Configuration files describe to Terraform the components needed to run a single application or your entire datacenter. Terraform generates an execution plan describing what it will do to reach the desired state, and then executes it to build the described infrastructure. As the configuration changes, Terraform is able to determine what changed and create incremental execution plans which can be applied.
How to install Terraform?
1) Visit https://www.terraform.io/
2) Click download
3) Select your operating system. I’ll be selecting Windows for this demo
4) Download Terraform 32 or 64 bit depending on your requirements
5) Extract the file
6) Next add the .exe to the path within Windows – click the start menu, search and click view advanced system settings
7) Click Environmental Variable
8) Click path and click edit
9) Click new
10) Type the path to the Terraform folder you created
11) Click OK, OK and OK and that’s it